Ashley and I had bad colds for much of the summer that seemed to morph and shift. The way I see it, we had weakened our immune system from being so "clean". After moving into a house for the summer with three of the boyest of boys and a little girl that likes to be in the thick of it, our immune systems brought swords to a gun fight. We were sick in various ways for many weeks and it wasn't until recently that we started feeling like normal.
So this weekend we did some of the things we thought we would be doing more of prior to being hit with a million and one kids germs.
After our early breakfast we headed to Multnomah Falls to do a little hiking. We've been running a couple miles everyday so we were ready! We started at the base then hiked to the top of the fall. We then hiked down and hiked up to another couple of waterfalls. No pictures because I forgot my phone in the car.
![]() |
| It was a pretty steep hike and as it was still early in the morning a bit chilly. Ashley kept taking on and off her jacket. |
![]() |
| By the time we reached the top both of us were quite sweaty. |
| At the bottom again, we had someone take our picture. |
The hikes were FANTASTIC and really made Ashley and I excited to do more. I think we're going to work up to a whole day hike in the same region. We were both on quite the high afterward. It's great to be in a place with so much to do outdoors. Earlier in the week I went whitewater rafting with the other finance interns and some supervisors. It was great fun and a bit scary when I jumped off a 20 ft cliff into a narrow stretch of fast moving river to get into our rafts again.
On our way back we stopped at a hole-in-the-wall Mexican store with small well-reviewed deli.
![]() |
| Sweaty Ashley with carnitas tacos w/ cactus, beans, and rice. |
![]() |
| Me with a carne asado burrito made with a house made tortilla. (Warning: if you stare too long you will get hungry). Both were fantastic! |
![]() |
| Behind Ashley is a man hand pulling individual thick, round noodles! So, so good! |
Portland is a fantastic place! We've really been enjoying it! We're sad our time here this summer is coming to an end.









No comments:
Post a Comment