Sunday, September 9, 2012

Settling in...

Patrick and I are trying to get used to our new routine. It basically consists of us not seeing each other very much compared to what we're used to. Patrick's keeping really busy with school and looking for an internship for the summer. So our goal during the week is to spend two hours together each day including dinnertime. Most of the time we're able to. When we have a little more time on the weekend after Patrick's done with homework for the day we try to get out of the apartment. So here are some things that we've done recently:

 


 -Ate at one of Patrick's favorite places. He's been talking about it for a while so it was nice to finally eat the best sandwich ever. We also bought little chocolates from the store to try. When we left the shop there happened to be a farmers market across the street that we wondered around in.

- We hiked the "Y"! We split a breakfast burrito before we went on Labor Day.  Tons of people were out hiking since it was the holiday. Some people hiked in their normal clothes and looked like they were just walking. We were in our athletic gear and I has red and sweating the whole time. It was fun and we hope to hike the "Y" a few more times before winter comes.

-Went to the nickel arcade. Patrick and I had a lot of fun playing the games. My favorite involved throwing balls trying to hit little kids in a winter paintball type scene. Patrick liked the deal or no deal game. After we had our fill of games we traded in all of our tickets for candy!

-I got a nursing job!  I was and am still so excited to be working as a nurse. This week was busy and I got in some overtime hours, quite a few overtime hours. I started orientation on the floor Sunday. I quickly learned that a perk to living in Utah is that some YM come to visit and bring the sacrament each Sunday!

-I took Patrick on a date to see Men in Black 3 at the dollar theater. We started off the night by having dinner at our ward BBQ in the quad.

 -We tried a few new recipes for lunch today after church. Shrimp enchiladas and refried beans. We decided the enchiladas were okay but the beans on the otherhand turned out great. We used a recipe I repinned from Sunny on pinterest where you cook the beans in the crockpot. We plan on making ours like this from now on. Patrick threw them in the food processor and it made them smooth and even more delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for jobs! And crockpot beans are the best. mmmm. Looks like your managing to have a lot of fun even though your both super busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restaurant name: Caputos Salt Lake City?

    ReplyDelete