Now being in the MBA program Patrick will be gone for the night more frequently. He already had a finance overnight activity and went to Portland to check out Intel for a couple of days. On his first overnight absence I decided that I needed to set up a nice routine for when he's gone so I don't miss him too much. I decided on crafting and mexican food.
There was this awkward space over the stove and so the first time Patrick was gone I decided to tackle that. I was trying to figure out
what I wanted to hang there because there was already a nail. I was
looking through our pictures then I decided I'd look on my Pinterest
boards. I found this and decided to make one.
I put ours behind glass
because I thought it could get splattered if it was left open. I was also worried that steam might make the "F" fall off since it is only glued on. So the glass will protect it and keep it in place. I chose the colors to match our
table, kitchen towels, and stand mixer.
I recently decided that I like wreaths and like making them. So I decided I'd make one for Fall when Patrick was in Portland. I'm hoping that in the future I can have a wreath for every season. I guess I'm getting closer. I have one for spring/summer, fall, and Christmas. I copied one from Pinterest again. I think it looks better in real life than the picture.
Here is what it looks like on our door.




Love your craft projects! The F is super cute above your stove and you know I love wreaths! It's too bad we aren't closer and then we could have crafting weekends while he's away!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I love the F above the stove...and I too love wreaths!!! I just made one for fall too!
ReplyDelete