Sunday, October 20, 2013

Outdoor fun...

This weekend we went to St. George to visit Danielle and Chad!

 We started things off with delicious Mexican food from Alberto's and then went rock climbing! Chad has taken a rock climbing class at school and it's one of their newer hobbies.


We did two different climbs. This was the first and everyone did great. I like climbing up but hate coming down.

 The second climb was a lot harder. Both boys made it all the way to the top.

 Patrick really rocked it. He went fast and we were all impressed!

Hiking back to the car after climbing. Rukia came too!

Danielle and Chad cooked us spaghetti for dinner. Then we chased it down by splitting a dozen donuts:)

Saturday morning we enjoyed some Kneader's breakfast on the way to Zion's. The plan was to go hike Angel's Landing. To say I was a little nervous would be a huge understatement. We had heard horror stories from Danielle about the first time they attempted the hike which included a lot of crying so I was not sure if we'd be able to do it.

This is part of the hike. It also had some easy flat places through the canyon and a lot of switch backs as we got closer to the last stretch leading to the chained route to the top. Yes, you read right, chained path.

This sign greeted us before the last 1/2 mile just so we knew what we were getting into. It told us that 6 people had died doing the hike, that it was strenuous, and not to do it if you were afraid of heights. Everyone started this final portion but Patrick decided 30 feet in that he was not going to continue. He doesn't like heights and was afraid he'd panic and freeze not being able to move. So he enjoyed the view as the three of us continued. He told me to be extra safe.

 A portion of the hike.

Climbing away. Parts were pretty narrow and I just tried not to look down and hold on to the chain.

 We were about half way there and paused for pictures.



I made it to the top!

I think this was their 5th time doing this hike. Danielle got concerned along the way that maybe they were pushing their luck since they had done it so many times. 

The view from the top was beautiful!


 In front of Angel's Landing after I was all done and back safely.

 I told Patrick later that day that looking back I probably shouldn't have gone since it was  dangerous and that I won't be doing it again.

Playing down by the river.



 We hiked around the Emerald Pools and found a cave.


We stopped for a Chinese Buffet for dinner on the way home. We had been there before at Christmas time and the food was just as good as we remembered. It really hit the spot.

After regular food we had ice cream, cookies, and jello. We were all pretty tired when we got back to the apartment and watched some Adventure Time and Big Bang Theory before calling it a night. 

We woke up sore today and made the drive back to Provo. We didn't want the weekend to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment