Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'M BACK!!!


I know, I know it’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything but that’s going to change. Ashley and I love setting goals and, I might add,  we are usually pretty good about completing them. Every year on our anniversary we take some time and look at our previous year's goals and see how we did and also we set some new ones (1, 5, 10 yrs and a bucket list).

This year, however, we’ve added something new. Each month we are going to pick something that we’d like the other person to do once a month for the rest of the year. Then each new month we add a one more until we get to our next anniversary. Ashley occasionally encourages me to write on the blog but I hadn’t gotten around to it. So being the sneaky girl she is she made it her first request. So at the very least you’ll be hearing from me twelve times! Kidding, I will write more often. I promise.
                                                 
That said, my first post is regarding something that Ashley and I discovered by mere coincidence (as is often the case). Last Friday night Ashley and I decided we wanted a little treat so we headed to the Burger King down the street for some shakes. Ashley decided that she wanted it 50/50 chocolate to strawberry. Thinking that our odds would be better inside we stepped in. Little did we know that upon doing so we were stepping into the future! Directly ahead of us, standing as tall as a man and in all silver was a new soda fountain machine. We could tell by the look of it that this was no ordinary coke machine. With it's sleek curves and illuminated striping it captured our eyes and we both began to approach.

Staring at the large touch screen display we could see the it had quite a number of flavors at least 20. I was already impressed if nothing else than the design. There was a small handicap button at the bottom but out of respect I got the attention of a worker and asked what would happen if I pushed it. The employee walked out from behind the counter and pushed it. Buttons glowed that were not visible previously. Wow! Very Cool! Then the friendly worker continue her tour of the machine by showing us that by selecting any one of the 20ish flavors visible a new screen appears with other additional sub-flavors.

For example there was a Diet Coke button that after selected provides additional options of diet coke with lime, cherry, raspberry, vanilla, and even orange. Tip the diet coke with raspberry is fantastic!

To cut a long-story that should be a short-story sorter I will summarize that this new machine is AMAZING! Over 130 flavors of soda and designed by a Ferrari team member using technology from medical drug dispensers so that there is no cross-contamination of flavor from the previous customer. That’s right WOW!!!

The one downside is that there is usually only one per BK and with a 95 drink per hour max rate and 130+ options you might be in a line for a bit.

How’s that for my first comeback post? Didn't think it was possible to write so much about a soda machine?

You're welcome.



3 comments: