I should make sure that I say that Patrick was the one who wanted to drive to OR on Saturday. We had originally planned on driving Sunday so we could take it easy Friday, pack the truck Saturday, and take it easy that evening before the big drive. But after some talking we realized it might be a little hard to each drive to OR, unpack our stuff into a storage unit the next day, and then drive together down to CA the day after that. So we left on Saturday morning instead. We went to Home Depot to get the car dolly attached and get the car ready. It started raining as Patrick was getting everything set.
We each had a bag of snacks for the drive and an audio book ready to go. Patrick drove the truck pulling the Focus and I drove the Sonata. At the start of the drive I wondered how I would keep myself awake and alert enough to safely make this drive. As I was thinking about this I thought that it already seemed like we had been driving for a good while, I looked at the clock and we had only been driving 17 minutes! Thankfully the drive went pretty smoothly. There was a lot of rain in Utah and we even got some snow in Idaho. It took longer than we had planned on to get gas because the truck took diesel and was just so long. As soon as we crossed the border into Oregon we were greeted by more rain. I was feeling great until the last hour of the drive. I was ready to be there. Overall it took us 15 hours! When we got there Devin and Bridget were still awake and had the bed all ready for us.
Sunday we were able to rest, go to church, and take it easy with Devin and his family.
Monday Patrick ate lunch with his team at work and I had a job interview in the afternoon. Then we moved all of our stuff into storage. I was a little nervous that it might not all fit. Thankfully it did :) We got a little Taco Bell for dinner. Chalupas never tasted so great! Then we watched part of Ryan's baseball game.
Tuesday we headed back on the road for Linda's!

No comments:
Post a Comment