Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Intel...

Last Monday I had to give my final presentation for my internship. A 40 min presentation on what I did over the summer. There was a lot of pressure and hype for the this and beginning three weeks back it started negatively impacting my sleep. All this knowing that intern full-time recommendations were due a couple days before and so the presentation in all likelihood would never impact my offer.

Well, the presentation came, I rocked it, and it passed. Then I had to wait for Thursday to roll around to find out my offer. I was way nervous that Intel would come in dramatically lower than what I was expecting and it would be a deal breaker. Ashley was nervous too. I had asked around quite a bit and knew going into my exit interview that Intel does not negotiate with recent college grads. When I was finally told the offer I was on the one hand relieved it was within my range of acceptance but a little disappointed and thought I wasn't being valued for all my work experience. After a lengthy discussion with Intel about my offer and pushing on certain things and making sure I understood all alternatives, I accepted!!

I have gone back and forth on how I feel about the offer. The salary was only off by a few percent but it bugs a bit. In addition, my official title will be Senior Accountant. At this point many of you are saying, "yeah, what's new?" However, my aspirations have never included accountant and I didn't think I'd be in this role. That said, it should be an interesting year and a half. I will make the most of it and who know's maybe I will be an accountant for the rest of my life! Yikes! Anyway, Ashley and I are super, super excited!! We've loved Portland and Intel. It's been such a great summer. We are very excited to be settling down in the area after graduation in April!

This is me on my last day of work. I gave Ashley a tour of Intel's great facility despite the look of my 1980's cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment