Saturday, July 21, 2012

Birthday Fun...

I turned 25 this year and my birthday was awesome! Because my birthday fell on a Monday we decided we would do most of the celebrating the Saturday before.

Now I took my nursing licensing test earlier in the week and knew that I would find out my results on Saturday morning. I hoped that I would be able to hold myself together if I didn't pass so I could still have a fun day. Thankfully I passed and finding out that I was a Registered Nurse definitely started things off right. Patrick and I went to the movies to see the Hunger Games and we took my parents out to dinner for pizza. After dinner we enjoyed the best cake. Well before my birthday Patrick asked me what kind of cake I wanted and I told him that I wanted chocolate with chocolate frosting. I later changed to just chocolate cake. A few days later he asked me what my favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream was, to which I replied Phish Food. If you haven't tried Phish Food you're missing out. It's chocolate ice cream with swirls of caramel and marshmallow with dark chocolate fish packed inside. From this he decided he was going to make me a Phish Food cake. So we enjoyed a chocolate cake filled with alternating layers of caramel Patrick made and marshmallow fluff, topped with dark chocolate ganache he also made. It was amazing!

On Monday Patrick and I both worked and then we had a relaxing dinner of my choice, Buffalo Wild Wings. Yes I know that was an odd choice but I recently discovered that I love boneless wings and these ones are crunchy and awesome. So we got some to go and had a picnic in the living room.

It was a great birthday!





4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I want a slice of cake! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! - Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!!! And loving the blonde hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! 25 is a great year! So glad you had a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'm so glad I got to see your cute apartment before you move! I just know 25 is going to be a terrific year for you! I sure had fun out there!!!

    ReplyDelete